Update 8 - Together, Building Our FuturePost in Community Ownership by Tina Hartley
Moving forward you priorities around community land development
You will all recall the purchase of land and staff the accommodation block from Garve Hotel; the community survey; and subsequent consultation events which took place during Summer of 2022. Since then, the Development Company has been working with SKS Scotland, whose role was to gather your views on land development and incorporate these into a comprehensive options appraisal and business plan. A precis of this document is attached.
- During this phase of community engagement we will: -
- As mentioned above, deliver a precis of the Options Appraisal and Business Plan to every household in Garve and District.
- Make the full version of the document available on line, and a paper copy available to any household who wishes to see it.
- The precis will also be available at Garve Post Office, Achnasheen and Lochluichart halls and Achnaheen Notice Board.
- Hold 3 face to face community engagement events during September at Ledgowan, Lochluichart and Garve.
- Directors and myself will be available to meet with residents, preferably via Zoom, but face to face if required, on an individual basis.
- We will, of course, respond to all phone calls, emails, letters and social media messages too.
Once, we have completed the above, during October every resident will then be given the opportunity to vote whether they wish to see a retrofit of the existing accommodation block or the provision of a new build.
Important Dates For Your Diary!
- Engagement Event 1 - Summer Festival, Saturday, 2 September 2023 at Ledgowan Lodge Hotel.
- Engagement Event 2 - Tuesday, 12 September 2023, 2pm Lochluichart Community Hall
- Engagement Event 3 - Wednesday, 20 September 2023, 7pm, Garve, venue to be confirmed.
Please refer to the attachments below for full details - Both Precis and Full Versions of Options Appraisal and Business Plan.
The Board and I very much look forward to seeing you all.
Community Engagement & Development Officer