Terms & Conditions
Please read this information carefully before accessing or using this site
By accessing or using this site you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth below. We, Garve & District Development Company, hereafter garve.org, may modify this agreement at any time and such modifications shall be effective immediately. You agree to review these terms periodically to be aware of such modifications. Your continued access or use of the site shall be deemed your conclusive acceptance of the modified agreement.
When you visit this site, it is done so anonymously, unless you are signed-in as a registered member. Either way, we do not track your activity in such a way that identifies you personally. All personal information, like email address, telephone number, postal address or other details disclosed through communication or membership with garve.org will always remain private.
Registration and membership
Membership of garve.org is available to all permanent residents within the Garve & District area. When you register on garve.org we request your email address, date-of-birth, full name and postal address (including postcode). We use your name (and email) for communication (while your name appears on the website next to any comments you make). We use your address primarily as proof of permanent residence within the Garve & District area, and date-of-birth is used to determine your membership type (Junior, Ordinary or Associate). While not required, you can also provide a telephone number and a photograph for your member profile. We may use your telephone number to contact you about your activity on the website or potentially another community-related matter. Your profile photograph will appear next to comments you make.
To submit an idea to garve.org we require a full name and email address. If you prefer to remain anonymous you will need to tick the checkbox within the submission form that states "Yes, I'd like to remain anonymous" and we will guarantee never to disclose your personal details when polling or publishing information about your idea.
Commenting on content
We encourage and welcome comments from members of the Garve & District Development Company as well as the general public, and would ask that all contributions:
- remain on-topic
- respect other people
- are not malicious or offensive in nature
- do not constitute a personal attack on a person’s character
- do not incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or any other personal characteristic
- do not reveal personal details, such as private addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details
- be reasonably concise and don’t constitute spamming of the site
- do not impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation
- are not party political in nature. We acknowledge that references to political parties and their policies may often be related to the subjects we deal with as part of the GDDC, however, we reserve the right to exclude comments which are purely party-political in nature or seek to advertise political events
- do not break the law – this includes libel, condoning illegal activity and breaking copyright
- do not advertise commercial products and services – you can mention relevant products and services as long as they support your comment
When you subscribe to any of our newsletters we request at least a first name and email address. Registered members only need to choose the newsletter type and update their settings. You will only receive newsletters that you have chosen to receive.
Membership of The Garve & District Development Company
The Garve & District Development Company was formed to benefit the community of Garve & District and welcomes members of the community to join. Three membership types exist:
- Ordinary Member - any person aged 16 years or over who is ordinarily resident in the community, is entitled to vote at a local government election in a polling district that includes the community (or part of it) and supports the objects and activities of the company
- Associate Member - open to individuals who are not ordinarily resident in the community and that support the objects and activities of the company
- Junior Member - open to individuals aged between 12 and 15 who support the objects and activities of the company
As a member you should support the main objects and activities of the company, which are:
- contribute to the advancement of community development
- prevent poverty
- prevent unemployment
- advance education
- help those in need by reason of age, ill-health,disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage
- provide recreational facilities
- promote equality and diversity
- contribute to the advancement of environmental protection or improvement
- help advance the arts, heritage, culture or science
If the company is wound up while you are still a member (or within one year after ceasing to be a member) you will contribute – up to a maximum of £1 – to the assets of the company, to be applied towards payment of the company’s debts and liabilities.Any individual who wishes to withdraw from membership shall lodge with the company a written notice to that effect, signed by him/her on receipt of the notice by the company, he/she shall cease to be a member.
Dealings with third parties
Your participation, correspondence or business dealings with any third party found on or through this site, regarding the payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. You agree that garve.org shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage or other matters of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings.
We may provide links to non-garve.org-related sites or resources. Because garve.org has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that garve.org is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that garve.org shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
You can manage cookies yourself and learn more about them in this article: Internet browser cookies – what they are and how to manage them
There are two types of cookies to look out for:
- First-party Cookies - the cookies we set to make the site work
- Third-party Cookies - the cookies set by third-parties, like Google and Facebook, to track your usage of their services
We don't set any first-party cookies. However, you'll find four cookies set by Google,which are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Copyright, licenses and idea submissions
Domestic and international copyright and trademark laws protect the entire contents of this site. The owners of the intellectual property, copyrights and trademarks are garve.org, its affiliates or other third party licensors. YOU MAY NOT MODIFY, COPY, REPRODUCE, REPUBLISH, UPLOAD, POST, TRANSMIT OR DISTRIBUTE, IN ANY MANNER, THE MATERIAL ON THE SITE, INCLUDING TEXT, GRAPHICS, CODE AND/OR SOFTWARE.
You may print and download portions of material from the different areas of this site solely for your own non-commercial use provided that you agree not to change or delete any copyright or proprietary notices from the materials. You agree to grant to garve.org a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, sub licensable, perpetual license, with the right to sub-license, to reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, publicly display and publicly perform any materials and other information (including, without limitation, ideas contained therein for new or improved products and services) you submit to any public areas of this site (such as bulletin boards, forums and newsgroups) or by email to garve.org by all means and in any media now known or hereafter developed, unless you explicitly opt-out on submission. You also grant to garve.org the right to use your name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto. You agree that you shall have no recourse against garve.org for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to garve.org.
Indemnification and reservation of rights
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless garve.org, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and any third party information providers to this site from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including legal fees, resulting from any violation of this agreement (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or your use and access of this site.