What next for community development?Post in Community Development by Tina Hartley
Community development what next?
From chatting with you one to one, via email, on the phone, at meetings or through our community on-line hub, it would seem that the priorities of the original Community Survey carried out 2016 remain.
What are the remaining priorities from 2016, did we miss anything? Look over the list below and let us have your comments. Are these still your priorities, do you have new suggestions?
From the Community Survey, the following are remaining priorities with response numbers:-
|Priority||Ideas for Community activities/projects||Responses|
|1||New Community Hub/Hall||50|
|2||A shop in Garve||40|
|3||Community care/care at home scheme for the elderly||30|
|4||More community activities/clubs e.g photography, painting, fishing||21|
|5||Improvement to existing village hall e.g. insulation, new windows||20|
|6||Community transport scheme e.g. minibus As reported in the GDCC Minutes of September 17 - "The School bus is a public service bus which means people can be in Dingwall and Inverness before 9.00am in the morning."||20|
|7||Handy man service for the elderly (a service currently exists - Ross and Cromarty)||20|
|9||Environmental Projects (recently a Community Garded has been suggested)||4|
- Energy Group - there are lots of ideas coming from the Energy Group, keep an eye on their page listed at the bottom of the website for updates and of course we will post news as it happens.
- Broadband Group - as you know the group is making fantastic progress, again keep an eye on their page listed at the bottom of the website also.
The survey also stated a broader community visions:
- A community that cares for its elderly residents - The September 2017 GDCC Minutes reported that "land originally offered for housing is still available for sheltered housing".
- A community where people have both the opportunity to live and work.
- A community which has a balanced demographic of young, working age and older residents.
- A community which has invested in its future with legacy projects providing a sustainable future.