What a Day!Post in Community Groups & Events by Morven MacDonald
First and foremost we have to thank all of you that came along to support the event. You, the community, made it a great day!
The sun shone on Achnasheen and the Ledgowan Lodge Hotel for the Summer Festival: a wonderful occasion, bringing together people of all ages from across our widespread community - a great opportunity to catch up with folk.
The taster sessions - line-dancing, yoga, pottery, printing, guitar - were huge fun, made all the better with delicious refreshments plus the chance to view the work of local talented craftspeople.
I stayed all day, thoroughly enjoyed myself and I hope to be back next year!
We all just loved it. The kids have been in their element. Can we an event like this 2 or 3 times a year? Thank you for a brilliant day."
Congratulations to our Sunflower Winners
Daniel Robert Campbell, Jess, James and Lucy, Sheree Grant and Lynda Hill on all your wins with your stunning sunflowers pictured below.
Congratulations to Jess, James and Lucy on having The Best Kept Nasturtiums
Thank you for bringing your flowers and vegetables from your garden along too. Beautiful!
There were some amazing techniques being demonstrated at the paper plane stall with the wind for extra speed and stealth.
Congratulations to Matthew, James and Carys winning a glider each and everyone that took part
Well done to everyone that won on the Coconut Shy and the Scavenger Hunt
We gathered information about activities people are interested in seeing progress further which they may have tried as a taster session. We will tell you more about that in due course when we catch our breath.
We have so many people to thank for what was a wonderful community effort.
Thanks to Craig, Diane and the rest of the Ledgowan Team, the Development Company team and all the tutors involved.
An extra big thank you to everyone that volunteered their time
- Uisdean for the gazebos and setting them up along with Alan and Gemma
- Achnasheeen Amenities Association (AAA) for lending us tables and chairs for outdoors
- Ronnie Ross, Joe and Barry for transporting the tables and chairs. Dena for being chief organiser.
- Stacey of Stacey's Crafty Crochet for fabulous tutoring and beautiful crochet display along with Emmy of EmmyKins in the Highlands and Heather Campbell with her tartan crafts
- Caroline Franklin for demonstrating her wonderful spinning wheel skills
- Pam for her local wool, wool products and demonstrating carding wool
- Mark for displaying his beautiful hand carved wood items
- Sue for organising the nasturtiums, borage and community cut flowers and all the other help
- Andrew for organising, demonstrating and tutoring the Potters Wheel taster sessions
- Kathy, Tony and Liz for supporting the Paper Planes and Cake Decorating tables
- and everyone that helped erect and dismantle gazebo's and stalls and so much more
Thanks everyone for the team effort making it such a great community event!
Thanks to Lochluichart Community Trust for funding the Activate Garve & District Project Phase 3.
Activate Garve & District Project