COVID-19 Community ResponsePost in Community Care by Sue Tarr
I just wanted to give you a wee update on the work TG&DDC is doing with regard to our Covid 19 Community Response. Our staff and Directors have all been very busy deveoping several work streams that will come together very soon: -
- Work is progressing quickly on our mail out pack.
- We are preparing for administering a Household Covid 19 community support grant (with the help of the Energy Group).
- We have been helping to make sure that there are food and essential item supplies available to the community and preparing to coordinate volunteers where necessary.
- We also have some contingency plans forming to identify problems arising if we enter an extended lockdown.
- The Garve & District Mutual Aid Facebook page is reaching a good number of people and is assisting with this.
We are now using Zoom to hold vitual meetings and have found it to work well and expect it to become part of our normal way of working for the coming few months.
I wanted to thank both the Lochluichart Community Trust and the Garve & District Community Council for all the support and prompt help they have shown over what has been an unusual and hectic time. Our own staff have been exceptional and our Directors have gone the extra mile to prepare for these strange circumstances we find ourselves in, and there have been so many responses from members of the community offering to help.
If there are any particular needs or issues arising during this crisis please bring them to our attention and we can maybe do something to address them.