Something quick that would have impactPost in Business and Tourism by Tina Hartley
New DMP Officers will be providing strategic feedback from Highland communities and businesses to design proactive and sustainable tourism planning across the entire region and working to the DMP priorities related to rural development, visitor education, sustainability, climate change and the health and well-being of the people, environment and economy of our UNESCO Biosphere.
Garve is recognised at the gateway to the Wester-ross UNESCO Biosphere so if Kathleen were to ask us what she could do to support the area as a "quick win" what would we suggest? So, we are not talking about large scale projects i.e. provision extra toilets, extending carparks, filling pot holes, we want something quick.
So get your thinking caps on folks, a few things that come to mind:
- New signs for each of our communities acknowledging the Biosphere status but giving Garve and District an identity also?
- Drone footage of Garve and District that can be made into a promotional video.
- High specification photos of our area for promotional use.
- Community Notice Board in Garve recognising it as the Biosphere gateway.
- Community planters that identify our communities (as per signs)
Please share any other quick win ideas you have in the comments below.