Garve & District Stronger TogetherPost in Community by Sue Tarr
The Garve & District Development Company Board and Staff want to support our community through this very difficult time. We are a small commnity, widely dispersed and have older folk and possibly other vulnerable people who may need assistance. Other communities are rallying now, as is always the way in the Highlands, so what can we put in place to support the community of Garve and District?
What ever we put in place, we need to keep in mind social distancing, things other communities are thinking of are:-
- Adopt a community resident - support someone via phone, email, social media, keep in contact with them on a regular basis.
- Prescription pick up and drop off.
- Food pick up and drop off (getting more diffiuclt now as the shops begin to empty) how can we make this work?
We are very conscious that not all people have access to our on-line community hub and social media, so we could do a post out to all households in the district to share information.
Please use the Contact button at the bottom of the page to:-
- Let us know if you need support and if so what you require.
- Let us know that you wish to be a community volunteer working within any Government recommendations (which change daily).
- Share you ideas about how we can help residents of Garve & District.
Our Community Engagement and Development Officers can help co-ordinate from afar (Ullapool).