A day that was!Post in Community by Tina Hartley
Thursday, 21st February 2018 saw lots of people turning out to 3 different events - fantastic to see everyone.
Wow - what a day!
For staff of TGDDC, the day started at 8.45 am in Garve and ended at 7.30 pm in Achnasheen.
Tina, Lucy and Sheila began preparing Garve Village Hall for the Stakeholder Meeting due to take place at 9.30am and Out of the Blue Catering were ready and waiting to provide breakfast for those who attended. 12 people came to the meeting representing local businesses and community organisations.
Following a brief presentation from TGDDC, the group were asked to share their views about possible development opportunities, the following ideas were discussed:-
- Improvements to Garve Village Hall
- Land surrounding Garve Village Hall
- Garve Hotel
- Provision of a new Community Hub
- Community Garden
- NC500 and potential positive/nagative impact for the area
- Promotion of local buinesses
- Tourism and benefits to the area, also Food Tourism
Views will be represented in the Community Development Plan due to be shared with the community very soon.
DigiHub: Meet and Eat Project
Morven, Project Facilitator welcomed everyone to the event, an informal lunch which gave people the opportunity to network. Volunteer trainers were on hand to chat with attendees and it is great to see Pam, Bertha and Ilse all commenting at garve.org. Laptops and Ipads were available for those that wanted to try them and Morven has scheduled some future training sessions - can't wait!
Achnasheen Meet and Greet
The day was rounded off with a great meeting up at Achnasheen Village Hall, lots of coffee and laughter! Wonderful to meet people and hear ideas of what they would like to see happen in their area. Just some of the ideas put forward:-
- Slow down traffic.
- Community buy out of old studio/cafe.
- Village Hall - more events and other ideas for use.
- Campervan Site - stop people parking at the village pond area.
To name just a few.