Community Resilience Group Briefing - 19 March 2021Post in The Garve & District Development Company by Megan Urquhart
I hope you have had a good week. Please find attached this week’s email briefing which includes information on:
- Working at the Scottish Parliament Elections – we are looking for people to help support the election by working in a polling station or at the count.
- Temporary Closure Business Grants – the deadline for applications to this fund has been set for 22 March
- B&B and Self Catering Grant Scheme – a new grant scheme was announced this week. Applications are invited between 15 and 22 March.
- HERO Grants for Private or Third Sector Employers - grants of up to £6,000 are available from the Council to help businesses with the costs of recruiting and employing a new member of staff.
- Comfort Scheme Providers – as part of the Council’s Visitor Management Plan we are looking for new providers to support public toilet provision
This week’s virtual briefing is introduced by Carron McDiarmid, Executive Chief Officer for Communities and Place. The briefing provides the usual update on the latest covid position in Highland but also a summary of the latest timetable for lockdown easing. We are also providing an update this week on the introduction of community asymptomatic testing. We hope that you will find this useful and do please let us know whether there are particular topics you would appreciate being covered in the weeks ahead. The briefing can be accessed at the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=984TnVFtBWQ
Thank you for everything that you are doing in your communities.
Alison Clark, Head of Policy, Highland Council